Douglas E. Koger
Attorney at Law
24275 Katy Freeway, Suite. 400, Katy, TX 77494
Telephone: (346) 387-7167
Facsimile: (346) 818-2075
- Southern Methodist University, B.A., magna cum laude (1982)
- Edwin L. Cox School of Business
- Minors in Mathematics and Economics
- Southern Methodist University, J.D. (1985)
- Douglas E. Koger, Attorney at Law (1994 to present)
- Litigation: Prosecution and defense of suits pertaining to various types of commercial, employment, real estate and construction matters.
- Real Estate and Commercial: Negotiate and close commercial and residential real estate transactions, asset purchase and sales, employment agreements, and other commercial transactions.
- Elder Law, Will & Probate: Work with clients and their families for the planning and care of elderly persons including wills and other estate planning.
- Adjunct Professor at Law, University of Houston School of Law, Attorney Communication and Persuasion Techniques (formerly Psychology of Communications) (1998 to 2017)
- Knippa & Kral, Houston, HBA Speech Director Position, Texas (1985 to 1994)
- Litigation: Prosecution and defense of commercial, real estate and construction lawsuits.
- Real Estate and Commercial: Negotiate and close real estate transactions, mergers and acquisitions, and other commercial transactions.
- Author and Speaker, Choice of Entity, Business and Tax issues, Houston Bar Association (May 6, 2010)
- Speaker. So Now You're a Solo, Houston Bar Association (October 23, 2009)
- Author and Speaker, Last Minute Liens, Perfecting a Mechanic's Lien When Your Client Calls at Last Minute, Houston Bar Association (October 18, 2007)
- Author and Speaker, E-mail Basics, Law Office Technology and the Internet (South Texas College of Law Oct. 1999)
- Houston Bar Association Continuing Legal Education Committee (Co-Chair 2014-2015; Member 2013-present)
- Houston Bar Association Elder Law Committee (2019)
- Houston Young Lawyers Association, Committee Chairman, Directory Committee (1988 to 1990). Outstanding committee leader 1988-1989 and 1989-1990.
- 1992 Chairman “Food for Thought” fund raising benefit for The Houston Food Bank.
- State Bar of Texas
- Houston Bar Association (Litigation, construction and employment law sections)
- American Bar Association (Litigation, construction and employment law sections).
- Elder Law College
- National Association of Elder Law Attorneys